[gst-devel] Theora w/ farsight2

Miron Kunz mironoz at mail.ru
Tue Jul 13 22:35:49 CEST 2010

Hi,

My problem seems to be related to Theora encoder.

With the number of discontinued buffers increasing I am likely to get distorted image on the receiving end:

0:01:55.343750000  4492   00DF2698 DEBUG              theoraenc gsttheoraenc.c:829:theora_enc_is_discontinuous:<theoraen
c4> Incoming TS 0:01:50.345187500 exceeds expected value 0:01:48.955312500 by too much, marking discontinuity

If I increase threshold for late/discontinued buffers - the receiving end shows video w/o artifacts.

I am not sure yet how to interpret the observation because I see discontinued buffers in this pipeline which still produces the fine video:
gst-launch --gst-debug="theoraenc:5" dshowvideosrc!ffmpegcolorspace!theoraenc!theoradec!ffmpegcolorspace!directdrawsink

One more thing - on every discontinued packet, the theora codec is deallocated and reincarnated again by theora_enc_reset(). For performance sake it looks suspicious to me.

Thanks,
Miron