[gst-devel] Duplicates frames in h264 stream

Prabhulinga Swamy B S prabhulingaswamy.bs at globaledgesoft.com
Wed Jul 14 17:11:57 CEST 2010

Hi all,
     I'm using the fallowing pipeline to receive the h264 stream from
the network and writing into a avi file using avimux.

       appsrc is-live=true
"caps=video/x-h264,width=800,height=600,framerate=30/1" ! \
         h264parse ! queue ! avimux ! queue ! filesink location=filename.avi

     Once complete h264 frame is received, I'm using
'gst_app_src_push_buffer' to push frames
      into pipeline. I'm counting the frames pushed into pileline.

     But the resulting file is having duplicate frames.
     For ex, if i push 200 frames, the resulting file contain nearly 200
frames. But the file size is
     same as the bytes I received from the network.

     I tried using 'videorate' plugin, but It supports only raw frames.

     Any feedback is helpful.
     Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Prabhu B S