[gst-devel] RELEASE: GStreamer FFmpeg Plug-ins 0.10.11 "Feeding trolls is strictly forbidden"
bilboed at gmail.com
Thu Jul 15 21:51:49 CEST 2010
This mail announces the release of GStreamer FFmpeg Plug-ins 0.10.11
'Feeding trolls is strictly forbidden'.
GStreamer FFmpeg plug-in contains elements using the FFmpeg library
code. It contains most popular decoders as well as very fast colorspace
For more information, see
To file bugs, go to
-------------- next part --------------
Release notes for GStreamer FFmpeg Plug-insÂ 0.10.11 "Feeding trolls is strictly forbidden"
The GStreamer team is proud to announce a new release
in the 0.10.x stable series of the
GStreamer FFmpeg Plug-ins.
The 0.10.x series is a stable series targeted at end users.
It is not API or ABI compatible with the stable 0.8.x series.
It is, however, parallel installable with the 0.8.x series.
This module contains plug-ins using libraries from the FFmpeg project.
Other modules containing plug-ins are:
contains a basic set of well-supported plug-ins
contains a set of well-supported plug-ins, but might pose problems for
contains a set of less supported plug-ins that haven't passed the
rigorous quality testing we expect
Features of this release
* Synced to FFmpeg 0.6 branch
* Add mappings for all new codecs
* encoders: proxy downstream width/height/framerate
* encoders: Fix timestamps
* Parallel installability with 0.8.x series
* Threadsafe design and API
Bugs fixed in this release
* 566250 : [ffdec_aac] Crash in gst_ffmpegdec_audio_frame
* 613231 : [ffdec] Aspect ratio change is not detected
* 622736 : [ffdeinterlace] [PATCH] Set the 'interlaced' field to FALSE in the source pad's caps
* 622773 : Encourage people to not use ffmpeg muxers
* 623388 : [audio encoders] Wrong output timestamps when receiving big input buffers
* 623671 : Various klass/description/rank fixes
You can find source releases of gst-ffmpeg in the download directory:
More details can be found on the project's website:
Support and Bugs
We use GNOME's bugzilla for bug reports and feature requests:
GStreamer is stored in Git, hosted at git.freedesktop.org, and can be cloned from there.
Interested developers of the core library, plug-ins, and applications should
subscribe to the gstreamer-devel list. If there is sufficient interest we
will create more lists as necessary.
Contributors to this release
* Albert Lee
* Andoni Morales Alastruey
* Benjamin Otte
* David Schleef
* Edward Hervey
* Mark Nauwelaerts
* Olivier CrÃªte
* Raimo JÃ¤rvi
* Sebastian DrÃ¶ge
* Stefan Kost
* Thiago Santos
* Thijs Vermeir
* Tim-Philipp MÃ¼ller
* Zaheer Abbas Merali
In addition to the above contributors, we would like to extend our
thanks to the FFmpeg developers without which these plugins would have
no reason to exist.
More information about the gstreamer-devel