[gst-devel] Call for patch review: Add 'caps' property for playbin

Zhao, Halley halley.zhao at intel.com
Fri Jul 16 07:33:22 CEST 2010

I remember another case to benefit from the 'caps' of playbin.
If we use playbin and customized video sink for thumbnail generation, we don’t expect decodebin2 stop at 'video/x-raw-va' but 'video/x-raw-rgb'. It is different from playback.
So we need the flexibility from playbin to handle the difference of the two cases.
Could you agree?