[gst-devel] Playing matroska files

Wes Miller wmiller at sdr.com
Tue Jul 20 16:07:13 CEST 2010

If I capture a live stream into a matroska file using this pipe and ctrl-c to
stop it:

     gst-launch -e souphttpsrc location="where.ever" ! multipartdemux !
image/jpeg,width=640,height=480 ! matroskamux ! filesink
lkocation="test1.mkv"

I can play this file using:

     gst-launch filesrc location="test1.mkv" ! matroskademux ! jpegdec !
ffmpegcolorspace ! autovideosink

But neither totem nor VLC can play it.  VLC says it has an unknown codec
id="V_MJPEG" and fourcc = "undf".

Do I need to modify my recording pipe to make the mkv file more playable
while maintaing its "raw-stream-ness"?

Wes