[gst-devel] how to play the AAC audio by Gstreamer?

sudarshan bisht bisht.sudarshan at gmail.com
Thu Jul 22 09:15:12 CEST 2010

Print shows that  you don't have faad ( aac decoder plugin) . After
installing libfaad2 , run configure in gst-plugins-bad then it gives some
prints where it shows which are the pluings those are depending on library
are built/not built. There what you see about faad ?

Or you can try one more thing ,

gst-launch filesrc location=filename.m4a ! ffdec_aac ! audioconvert !
alsasink

or

gst-launch filesrc location=filename.m4a ! qtdemux ! ffdec_aac !
audioconvert ! alsasink

Regards,

Sudarshan Bisht