[gst-devel] Audio stream measurements

Jeffrey Barish jeff_barish at earthlink.net
Wed Jun 2 15:14:20 CEST 2010

I would like to measure the power and other characteristics of an audio
stream. Ideally, the measurement would take place while listening to the
stream.  I suppose that the measured value would be written into a file,
though I wonder about the possibility of writing it into the metadata of the
audio source.  Is it feasible to implement this functionality as a GStreamer
element?  Is there already an element that performs a function even remotely
similar to this that I can use as a model?
--
Jeffrey Barish