[gst-devel] Trying to play a UDP webcam stream with VLC

Steve Ricketts velocedge at hotmail.com
Wed Jun 2 19:34:22 CEST 2010

I'm just experimenting a little with gstreamer and have a problem I don't quite understand.  I want to stream a live web cam and play it on another computer with VLC.   I'm streaming a web cam video with:

gst-launch v4l2src ! video/x-raw-yuv,width=320,height=240,framerate=\(fraction\)5/1 ! ffmpegcolorspace ! jpegenc ! multipartmux ! udpsink host=192.168.0.102 port=6279

On the same computer, I can open VLC and play the udp stream with udp://@192.168.0.102:6279 fine.  However, when I go to another computer it says my input cannot be opened.  I thought it might have been a firewall issue, but I've turned off all the firewalls and still no video.

Is there something I'm not aware of regarding gstreamer?  Should I be able to do this?

Thanks,

Steve