[gst-devel] Discarding Frames

Wes Miller wmiller at sdr.com
Fri Jun 4 00:08:04 CEST 2010

I would like to process an mjpeg stream stored in a  matroska container file
to build a new file with fewer frames in it.  Specifically, I have a list of
random frames I want to keep.

This feels like a good use for appsink, but will discarding frames mess up
the header info?

I suppose the header comes through the appsink first as the first (more?)
frame.

Can I 1use the caps to detect header from image frame?

Will I need to dissect my header and adjust it?

Where might I find specs to follow?

Many thanks,

Wes Miller