[gst-devel] Connecting to a mjpeg camera

Albert Costa costa_albert at yahoo.fr
Fri Jun 4 17:12:40 CEST 2010

Hi
I have a webcam that I wish to connect to with gstreamer. This webcam can stream in 2 modes at max resolution, one is yuv at 5fps, the other one is mjpeg at 15fps.
If I use following pipeline:

gst-launch-0.10.exe ksvideosrc ! ffmpegcolorspace ! video/x-raw-rgb,width=1600 ! ffmpegcolorspace ! directdrawsink -v

then the cameras gets into YUV mode at fps as shows in the output:

/GstPipeline:pipeline0/GstKsVideoSrc:ksvideosrc0.GstPad:src: caps = video/x-raw-yuv, format=(fourcc)YUY2, width=(int)1600, height=(int)1200, framerate=(fraction)5/1

If I try the following to force the camera to go into mjpeg/15fps:
gst-launch-0.10.exe ksvideosrc ! ffmpegcolorspace ! video/x-raw-rgb,width=1600,framerate=15/1 ! ffmpegcolorspace ! directdrawsink -v

then I got an error saying the caps could not be negociated. I've tried putting a ffdec_mjpeg after the ksvideosrc element by different means, but could never get it to work.
Is there any way to tell the camera (using caps or specific plugin) to go into video/mjpeg mode ?

Thanks for any advice,
Al