[gst-devel] Altering playback speed

Wes Miller wmiller at sdr.com
Wed Jun 9 17:17:12 CEST 2010

How does one alter the playback speed of a recorded video feed?  Is it as
simple as changing the timestamps to make them closer together?

Assuming that I can get at each buffer in a pipe using a padprobe, is the
timestamp directly alterable (i.e. is it metadata) or do I need to create a
copy of the buffer?  Once the buffer is modified, will pushng it out cause
the modified buffer to flow from a src pad instead of the original buffer?

Wes