[gst-devel] Changing file location during recording

Albert Costa costa_albert at yahoo.fr
Wed Jun 16 18:27:46 CEST 2010

Hi,
I have a pipeline that can be reducted to:

gst-launch dshowvideosrc ! tee ! queue ! ffmpegcolorspace ! ffenc_mpeg2video ! mpegtsmux ! filesink tee0. ! queue ! ffmpegcolorspace ! directdrawsink

All this is created/handled in a c application where I can start and stop the pipeline. I now have a requirement to change the location of the file after a given size (for example) is reached. I've started to test following sequence on user request for the moment:
-set pipeline to paused
-change filesink location
-set back pipeline to playing
But it seems it does not handle the change of location in the filesink. I've also tried to unlink/relink the filesink branch in combination with the state change, with no success.
Is there a way to change dynamically the filesink location, either by external commands (like I tried) or even better automatically with a plugin I am maybe not aware of?
Thanks for help,
Regards,
Al