[gst-devel] Is this a bug in gst-parse-launch()?

Wes Miller wmiller at sdr.com
Mon Jun 21 17:12:46 CEST 2010

Hi All,

I yum updated my Fedora 12 box.  A previously working program is now broken,
apparently in  gst_parse_launch().

Program gst-parse-launch()-es the same pipeline in two separate threads.
Only differences are souphttpsrc location and output filesink location.
After 1 minute a timer sends EOS to both pipelines.  When they exit, they
are deref-ed and rebuilt with new locations.  Iterate.  All run in a single
instance of gstreamer that is never restarted.

The code runs through the first iteration with no problems.  On the second
pass I get a bunch of GST_CRITICAL (see below).  I also get an error message
from gst_parse_launch() that says,  "Could not link my-mux to my_sink"

Any ideas or help will be much appreciated.

Wes

the pipeline is "souphttpsrc name=my-src
                       ! multipartdemux name = my_demux
                       ! image/jpeg,width=640,height=480
                       ! tee name=t     t.
                     ! queue2 name=my_queue1
                       ! matroskamux name = my_mux
                       ! filesink  name=my_sink    t.
                     ! queue2 name=my_queue2
                       ! appsink name=my_appsink "

(<unknown>:7048): GStreamer-CRITICAL **: gst_pad_new_from_template:
assertion `GST_IS_PAD_TEMPLATE (templ)' failed

(<unknown>:7048): GLib-GObject-CRITICAL **: g_object_unref: assertion
`G_IS_OBJECT (object)' failed

(<unknown>:7048): GStreamer-CRITICAL **: gst_pad_set_event_function:
assertion `GST_IS_PAD (pad)' failed

(<unknown>:7048): GStreamer-CRITICAL **: gst_element_add_pad: assertion
`GST_IS_PAD (pad)' failed

(<unknown>:7048): GStreamer-CRITICAL **: gst_object_ref: assertion `object
!= NULL' failed

(<unknown>:7048): GStreamer-CRITICAL **: gst_caps_can_intersect: assertion
`GST_IS_CAPS (caps2)' failed

(<unknown>:7048): GStreamer-CRITICAL **: gst_pad_push_event: assertion
`GST_IS_PAD (pad)' failed