[gst-devel] Problem with KSVideo and viewing a Capture Device

Wes Miller wmiller at sdr.com
Tue Jun 22 20:09:33 CEST 2010

Not that it helps much, but you might consider camerabin from
gstreamer-plugins-bad (no idea why it's 'bad").

I did manage to get a camera to work using:

     gst-launch-0.10 ksvideosrc device-index=0  ! ffmpegcolorspace !
dshowvideosink

where:

    device-index - can be >= 0.

My laptop also has a built-in camera so the plugged in usb camera wasn't
always device 0.

Also, I noticed that plugging the camer in while VMWare (Linux) was active
made Windows behave differently and not see the camera.  Same behavior when
done in reverse. if Window sees the camera, Linux doesn't.

Wes