[gst-devel] Restareting a pipeline

Wes Miller wmiller at sdr.com
Thu Jun 24 21:23:01 CEST 2010

Hi All,

I have a pipeline that tees into a filesink and an appsink.  Once every
minute I send an EOS down the pipe, tear the pipe down and restart it.  I
did this so I could change the output locations of the file- and app- sinks.

>From the answers I got on how to change the output file for a filesink I'd
like to redo my code so I either don't stop the pipe at all or so that I
cleanly restart it after the EOS.

So, which is the better solution:

1. Send EOS, then restart the pipe after I get the filesink outfile location
modified, or
     1.1   How do you restart a pipe (reading from SOUPHTTPSRC in my case)
after an EOS?

2. Perhaps put a queue before the tee, block its src pad, set the new
outfile, unblock the tee.

This also gets me to finding a cleaver way to let appsink know filesink is
changing its output location.  Could I use a custom event instead of EOS to
pass my 1 minute timeout down the pipe?

Thanks,

Wes