[gst-devel] GStreamer with YouTube WEBM container.

Jim Clarke jimclarke5 at aol.com
Tue Jun 22 22:29:51 CEST 2010

I am trying to get GST to work with the new WEBM container with
downloads from YouTube. The WEBM container contains video/x-vp8
and audio/x-vorbis content.

With the latest stable code source, I hacked the vp8 plugin to add a typefind for the
the "video/x-vp8" mime type, but when I try to play the file, I get an error
"Don't know how to handle audio/x-vorbis, channels=(int)2, rate=(int)44100".

The video plays, but no audio.

I do a "gst-inspect" and audio/x-vorbis" is registered.
Am I missing something?

Jim Clarke
jimclarke5 at aol.com