[gst-devel] GStreamer with YouTube WEBM container.

Tim-Philipp Müller t.i.m at zen.co.uk
Fri Jun 25 18:17:50 CEST 2010

On Fri, 2010-06-25 at 09:11 -0700, Michael Smith wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 22, 2010 at 1:29 PM, Jim Clarke <jimclarke5 at aol.com> wrote:
> > I am trying to get GST to work with the new WEBM container with
> > downloads from YouTube. The WEBM container contains video/x-vp8
> > and audio/x-vorbis content.
>
> This should all be fully supported in the latest git sources; you
> should just update to those rather than repeating work that others
> have already done.

This should even be supported with the latest releases of
gst-plugins-good/-bad even, no need to use versions from git. If you're
running ubuntu, there's a GStreamer PPA with the latest releases.

> > I do a "gst-inspect" and audio/x-vorbis" is registered.

This is most likely the typefinder. You need the vorbisdec element from
gst-plugins-base to actually decode the audio. I'm surprised this isn't
installed on your system already.

Cheers
 -Tim