[gst-devel] how to make a files playable...

paper at gmx.net paper at gmx.net
Mon Jun 28 16:19:41 CEST 2010

> gst-launch v4l2src device=/dev/video0 !
> video/x-raw-yuv,width=640,height=480 ! ffmpegcolorspace ! x264enc
> key-int-max=4  ! mp4mux ! multifilesink location=test%d.mov
> next-file=key-frame
>
> How can i make sure, every file have meta data written and the files are
> playable? I tried other encoder like matroska, avi etc. too.

Either pass the --eos-on-shutdown option to gst-launch, or use something
like v4l2src num-buffers=500 to make sure the pipeline shuts down
properly itself after a while.

Cheers
 -Tim

Thanks Tim,

i want to record video from my webcam sequential,  without to stop the pipeline and make every mp4 file playable on the fly.
This sink produce what i want, keframe every 4 sec etc, but not the metadata.
You hint is well for pipeline like:

gst-launch -e --eos-on-shutdown v4l2src device=/dev/video0 num-buffers=5000 !   x264enc key-int-max=4  ! mp4mux  !  filesink location=test.mov

changed the multifilesink to filesink. How to configurate multifilesink or the pipeline to handle every file like a full mp4?

I need also ftyp + moov + mdat fragments...