[gst-devel] mov unfinished

Overkill overkill.shining at tiscali.it
Mon Jun 28 14:07:49 CEST 2010

I made an .avi file wit my system then I extract the
media inside of it and made two .mov, one with
qtmux and one with ffmux_mov.
This is for have the same media content and only
the containter different.

You may find the two files here:

http://ivanonline.xoom.it/RB_06280941_ff.mov

http://ivanonline.xoom.it/RB_06280941_qt.mov

You may wget them :)

The one produced with ffmux is perfect.
The file with qtmux is not playable with QuickTime
and VLC is able to play it.

I try a binary compare but the differencies seems
too much for me.... Also using qtdump can't
tells me more. I'm not an expert.

I'd like to use qtmux because the feature to
recover an .mov if the file is unfinished.
I've tried this and the file is working under VLC.

But if the file produced by qtmux is not playble
in QuickTime, so by now I can't use it...

I need help in order to understand what's wrong
and try to fix it.

Thank you!!!

Overkill!!!