[gst-devel] handling unknown streams gracefully

Jeremiah Rose jeremiah.aaron.rose at gmail.com
Tue Mar 2 22:55:44 CET 2010

I was hoping for a little more detail, as I've been unable to find any
documentation on the subject (once I've got a thorough understanding,
I'd be happy to write some).

Which signals are they?

I am aware that decodebin emits "unkown-type", but what does it do
after it emits the signal?

I am blocking and pre-rolling the pipeline, and it seems like the
block and preroll happen anyway, without any decoded pads being
connected. Is this the correct behaviour?

Also, does the failure to typefind cause the pipeline to post any messages?

Where can I find more information?

thanks,

Jez