[gst-devel] Playbin unable to play http streaming

Debsu debojyoti.pal at wipro.com
Wed Mar 3 15:02:59 CET 2010

Hi,
I want to play an image or media file from http source through playbin. Soup
plugin is installed, through which playbin can read from the http source.
But whenever I give the following command :
gst-launch playbin
uri=http://www.youtube.com/img/pic_youtubelogo_123x63.gif, it gives me
"proxy authentication required" error. Http Proxy is already set in the
environment variable and through Curl I can read from that location.

Now in GstSoupHTTPSrc has some properties through which I can set the proxy
id and password ("proxy-id", "proxy-pw"). Then I hope this problem will
solve.

But how can I add this source element in the Playbin? The GstPlayBaseBin
documentation says that its "source" element is only read only property.

Any help is appreciated.

Regards,
Deb