[gst-devel] Problem with "alsasrc ! alsasink" working with pulseaudio

yiliang yiliangb at gmail.com
Thu Mar 4 03:23:04 CET 2010

Hi,

I have a pipeline "gst-launch alsasrc device=hw:1,0 ! alsasink" to play
audio from an audio capture device. The sound quality is very poor. It is
good for a brief period (seconds), then it becomes broken.

I did the following 2 experiments:

1. If I kill pulseaudio, the sound will play perfectly.
2. If I capture the audio to a file "gst-launch alsasrc device=hw:1,0 !
filesink location=a.pcm", then playback the captured file. Again the sound
is perfect.

It looks like pulseaudio does not like to link alsasrc to alsasink directly
on my ubuntu machine.:)

Has anyone seen similar problem?

Thanks,
Yiliang