[gst-devel] How to do RTSP streaming

Anup Manakeshwar anup.manakeshwar at tcs.com
Thu Mar 4 06:35:09 CET 2010

Hi
I am working on Freescale i.MX31 ADS board.
I have following rtsp plugins installed on my board.

root at freescale ~$ gst-inspect | grep rtsp
rtsp:  rtspsrc: RTSP packet receiver
rtsp:  rtpdec: RTP Decoder
root at freescale ~$

I want to stream a video file from PC  either windows PC or linux PC to
i.MX31 Freescale board,
and want to play that file on i.MX31 Freescale board,

I am able to it with RTP.
Now  i want to send the video file using RTSP.
Has anyone tried this before.
Can anyone please paste the sample pipeline which uses rtsp to stream
video file from one PC to other.

Also can VLC or any other player  be used to stream video file using RTSP
on Windows.
If yes please share steps.

Thanks in advance,

Best Regards,