[gst-devel] Querying frame rate

darkwing vtran at swri.org
Fri Mar 5 16:16:08 CET 2010

Hi all.  I have a bin that's constructed using the gst.parse_launch method
(written in Python).  I've assigned this to player (ie. player =
gst.parse_launch(stream)).  The source is an http stream and I'm using the
neonhttpsrc element to get it.  I want to be able to query the current frame
rate when I press a button.  I'm unsure of how exactly to do this.  I
googled for some result but I kept seeing people using functions that I
can't find in the gstreamer doc.  I've tried something like

format = gst.format_register('rate', 'video rate')
query = gst.query_new_segment(format)

I'm not sure of what to do next here (and it's most likely that I am off the
track completely).  Can someone give me a direction and perhaps some sample
codes?  Thanks.