[gst-devel] v4l2src & glupload at only 12 FPS?

Tristan Matthews tristan at sat.qc.ca
Fri Mar 5 18:50:30 CET 2010

2010/3/5 Julien Isorce <julien.isorce at gmail.com>

> pastbin you glxinfo
>
> and also  run:
>
> GST_DEBUG=gldisplay:3   v4l2src ....
>
> Julien
>
> 2010/3/5 Alexandre Quessy <alexandre at quessy.net>
>
> Hello Julien and the list,
>>
>> Julien Isorce wrote:
>> > Hi,
>> >
>> > And if using gst-launch ? ( v4l2src ! ... ! glupload ! glfilterglass !
>> > glimagesink )
>> >

>> Without the glfilterglass element, it look ok. Here the output with the
>> verbose flag on: http://pastebin.com/MrjEQ5Tc
>>
>> If I add the glfilterglass element, the image is totally black. Here is
>> the output : http://pastebin.com/pzcxfYRz

I've reproduced the bug with dc1394src. It seems to be with glfilterglass,
this line has no problems:
gst-launch -v dc1394src ! ffmpegcolorspace !  glupload ! glfiltercube !
glimagesink
whereas this suffers from the same behaviour that alexandre describes
gst-launch -v dc1394src ! ffmpegcolorspace !  glupload ! glfiltercube !
glimagesink

> Here is the command I have issued. The first time, it was without the
>> glfilterglass element.
>>
>> $ gst-launch -v v4l2src ! video/x-raw-yuv, format=\(fourcc\)I420,
>> framerate=\(fraction\)25/1, width=640, height=480 ! ffmpegcolorspace !
>> glupload  ! glfilterglass ! glimagesink
>>
>> I am not sure about how to read the actual frame rate, though. Any hint?
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Alex
>>

>> > Julien

>> > Download Intel&#174; Parallel Studio Eval
>> > Try the new software tools for yourself. Speed compiling, find bugs
>> > proactively, and fine-tune applications for parallel performance.
>> > See why Intel Parallel Studio got high marks during beta.
>> > http://p.sf.net/sfu/intel-sw-dev

Tristan Matthews
email: tristan at sat.qc.ca
web: http://tristanswork.blogspot.com