[gst-devel] [gst-embedded] Thoughts on moving the gstreamer.ti.com plugin to main GStreamer repository

Arnout Vandecappelle arnout at mind.be
Sat Mar 6 12:58:45 CET 2010

On Tuesday 02 March 2010 16:12:33, Felipe Contreras wrote:
> > It would be much appreciated if you could help us to identify the main
> > blockers that absolutely must be taken care of before we can start
> > submitting patches and migrating our source code repository.
>
> Personally I would rather get rid of the DMAI/CE dependency and access
> dsp-link ioctls directly, just like gst-dsp does.
>
> Unnecessary layers are not nice.

 I completely agree on that count.  I've been hacking away at the resizer
element and it took me hours to understand how it worked because of all
these layers, while it actually is a bunch of simple v4l2 and cmem ioctl
calls.

 However, this is not at all a blocker for moving the repository.  Other
plugins have dependencies, too.

 Regards,
 Arnout
--
Arnout Vandecappelle                               arnout at mind be
Senior Embedded Software Architect                 +32-16-286540