[gst-devel] Play a list of ogg

Crevetolog bellon.pierre at gmail.com
Sun Mar 7 15:05:56 CET 2010

Hi, I search a way to play a list of indexed ogg with gst-launch (in fact
it's in a code).

I'm developing an addin for tomboy which add voice notes to tomboy, it's
working with gstreamer but I'm trying to add a new functionality which need
to read indexed ogg files in order, one by one, like that :
"play(name_of_the_note.0.ogg) -> playing over ->
play(name_of_the_note.1.ogg) -> etc..."

I have a function "Play(filePath)" which works but if I do a for() loop for
all the voice notes, that play all ogg together so I searched in gstreamer
plugins list a way to do what I want but didn't find.
I tried to use Threads in C# but didn't worked.
I saw the plugin multifilesrc which read indexed files but I didn't find
other than PNG images examples with that, no example with sound files or
other.

I would like to know if there is a way with gst-launch (the command line
tool) to play a list of file one by one.

Thanks.

My Play() function and the bus callback if someone is interested (it's in C#
using Gstreamer-sharp):

public void Play(string filePath)
{
int status = GetState();

/*
 * get the state of the pipeline
 * 0 : null
 * 1 : playing
 * 2 : Paused
 */

			if(status == 2)
			{
				pipeline.SetState(Gst.State.Playing);
			}
			else
			{

				string command = "filesrc location="+filePath+" ! oggdemux ! vorbisdec !
audioconvert ! gconfaudiosink";
				pipeline = Gst.Parse.Launch(command);
				SetBusCallback();
				pipeline.SetState(Gst.State.Playing);
			}
}
private bool BusCallback(Gst.Bus bus,Gst.Message message)
		{
			switch (message.Type)
			{
			    case Gst.MessageType.Eos:
					status = Gst.State.Ready;
					pipeline.SetState(status);

			      	break;
				case Gst.MessageType.Error:
					status = Gst.State.Null;
					pipeline.SetState(status);
				break;
			    	default:
				break;
			}
			return true;
		}

PS: sorry for my english if I made some mistakes.