[gst-devel] Specifying video record interval

Pavel Johnson pavel.johnson at gmail.com
Mon Mar 8 00:02:06 CET 2010

Hello,

I am new to Gstreamer so please bear with me if this has been addressed.

I am trying to record video from a webcam using the command line below and
would like to specify the duration for which the video/audio needs to be
recorded, i.e. the command below should terminate after say 30 sec of
recording.  What command options and where in the command line can the
recording duration be included?  If there is no option, what tools are
available to achieve this?

gst-launch v4l2src ! 'video/x-raw-yuv,width=640,height=480,framerate=30/1' !
\
tee name=t_vid ! queue ! videoflip method=horizontal-flip ! \
xvimagesink sync=false t_vid. ! queue ! \
videorate ! 'video/x-raw-yuv,framerate=30/1' ! queue ! mux. \
pulsesrc ! audio/x-raw-int,rate=22000,channels=1,width=16 ! queue ! \
audioconvert ! queue ! mux. avimux name=mux ! \
filesink location=/test.mpg

TIA,
Pavel