[gst-devel] Google Summer of Code 2010

Alexandre Quessy alexandre at quessy.net
Tue Mar 9 16:09:22 CET 2010

Hello everyone,
May I suggest an other task in the the Gstreamer GSOC projects ? I'm the
lead developer of Toonloop, a free live frame by frame animation
software. I'm at about 30% of completing the port to Gstreamer. Branch
1.0 uses Python and Pygame, but the branch 2.0 is evolving towards a
Gstreamer application in C++ using OpenGL, GLSL shaders, GdkPixBuf sink,
etc. That would be awesome if a student project could help this project
to evolve.

I am a student myself, actually, so I could actually benefit from this
scholarship. It could also be someone else, in which case the project
would benefit from an other active developer.

So, in the Applications sections, we could add "Complete the port of
Toonloop to Gstreamer and C++".

Toonloop has already be used in workshops, performances and exhibitions
all around the world. (Canada, Norway, Mexico, Australia, Colombia, and
soon Taiwan) See http://www.toonloop.com and http://alexandre.quessy.net
for more infos.

Thanks for your attention! :)