[gst-devel] [cairo] Planar YUV support

Michael Smith msmith at xiph.org
Tue Mar 9 19:36:13 CET 2010

On Tue, Mar 9, 2010 at 9:00 AM, Arjen Nienhuis <a.g.nienhuis at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Your works looks really useful! Did you make read/write support for
> all these formats? That means it can speedup things like JPEG
> enc/decoding right?
>
> Minor nitpick:
>
> I think pixman_color_space_t is not the right name. It's ambiguous
> because color space can also mean sRGB vs AdobeRGB. What about
> 'encoding'?

pixel_format would probably be a better name if it's _only_ intended
to encode the pixel format. I think Benjamin's intent, though, was to
encode a pair of "pixel format, colour space" in a single value.
That's why his suggestion has YCBCR_SD and YCBCR_HD - these have the
same pixel formats, but imply a different colour space.

That's my understanding anyway - hopefully Benjamin can clarify if I
got anything wrong there.

Mike