[gst-devel] Missing faac

Jeffrey Barish jeff_barish at earthlink.net
Wed Mar 10 04:17:44 CET 2010

I installed gstreamer0.10-plugins-bad and got faad, but not faac.  According
to the bad plugins reference manual

http://gstreamer.freedesktop.org/data/doc/gstreamer/head/gst-plugins-bad-
plugins/html/

I should have gotten both.  gst-inspect faac says

No such element or plugin 'faac'

Any idea what is going on?  This on Ubuntu 9.10.  The package that apt
installed was 0.10.14-4ubuntu1.

I tried sudo add-apt-repository ppa:gstreamer-developers/ppa hoping to get a
more recent version, but I still got 0.10.14-4 (only without the ubuntu1
suffix).  Still no faac.  By the way, how do I undo the effect of add-apt-
repository?  The command does not appear to add anything to
/etc/apt/sources.list.
--
Jeffrey Barish