[gst-devel] Problem streaming RTP Video over UDP.

Rajesh Marathe rmarathe at i-rode.com
Wed Mar 10 06:51:22 CET 2010

Hi,

I am using Gstreamer Ver 0.10.22 + plugins (Good and Base).
I would like to stream " RTSP over TCP and the video and audio frames
(RTP) are sent over UDP. I would like to stream using Darwin Streaming
Server(DSS) version 5.5.5.

I used "TOTAL" Stream Converter to convert an AVI file to H264/AVC MP4
file. I got the right file as output but when I try to stream the file
from DSS to Clients, the DSS responds with 'Unsupported Media Type"
response to the client. This response from DSS comes to the client
request of "Describe".

I found out that the encoded media file should have Data set as "RTP
Data" type. How do we get this done ?

If any of you are doing this kind of streaming, can you please let me
know what encoder and Streaming Server need to be used ?

thanks and regards,
Rajesh Marathe.