[gst-devel] PLAY -> PAUSE -> PLAY hickup?

Georg Sauthoff g_sauthoff at web.de
Sun Mar 14 14:25:44 CET 2010

Hi,

while using the gstreamer API I noticed some playback-hickups if a
paused pipeline is resumed:

set_state(pipeline, GST_STATE_PLAYING);
// listen some time
set_state(pipeline, GST_STATE_PAUSED);
// let the event loop wait some seconds
set_state(pipeline, GST_STATE_PLAYING);

=> after the last state transition to GST_STATE_PLAYING
playback starts again, but with a hickup. Like this:

SHORT_MUSIC SHORT_SILENCE MUSIC

I tested the same mp3-file with mplayer, where play/pause transitions
work as expected without hickups.

I am using this pipeline

playbin2 uri="file://foo.mp3" audio-sink="alsasink device=plughw:0,0"

which is created via gst-launch().

Do I have to do some extra setup to get resume-from-pause without
hickups?

Best regards
Georg

PS: Using gstreamer 0.10.25 as packaged with Ubuntu 9.10.