[gst-devel] Error in generating "configure" using autoconf for a development version of gstreamer core from git

yiliang yiliangb at gmail.com
Mon Mar 15 19:20:03 CET 2010

Hi,

I downloaded a development version from git. It does not have "configure",
so I ran autoconf trying to generating it from configure.ac, but I got the
following error messages:

configure.ac:12: error: possibly undefined macro: AM_INIT_AUTOMAKE
      See the Autoconf documentation.
configure.ac:15: error: possibly undefined macro: AS_VERSION
configure.ac:18: error: possibly undefined macro: AS_NANO
configure.ac:24: error: possibly undefined macro: AM_CONFIG_HEADER
configure.ac:26: error: possibly undefined macro: AM_MAINTAINER_MODE
configure.ac:51: error: possibly undefined macro: AS_LIBTOOL
configure.ac:58: error: possibly undefined macro: AC_LIBTOOL_WIN32_DLL
configure.ac:59: error: possibly undefined macro: AM_PROG_LIBTOOL
configure.ac:64: error: possibly undefined macro: AS_AUTOTOOLS_ALTERNATE
configure.ac:71: error: possibly undefined macro: AM_GNU_GETTEXT_VERSION
configure.ac:72: error: possibly undefined macro: AM_GNU_GETTEXT
configure.ac:78: error: possibly undefined macro: AM_CONDITIONAL
configure.ac:219: error: possibly undefined macro: AM_PROG_CC_C_O
configure.ac:222: error: possibly undefined macro: AM_PROG_AS
configure.ac:245: error: possibly undefined macro: AS_PATH_PYTHON
configure.ac:251: error: possibly undefined macro: AC_CHECK_LIBM
configure.ac:340: error: possibly undefined macro: AS_COMPILER_FLAG
configure.ac:590: error: possibly undefined macro: AS_AC_EXPAND

I tried on "gstreamer-a184419ec5514a9fe804e69cf8bc51eba08b6f84" and a few
other versions, and all got the same issue.

How can I fix the problem or what is the right way of generating
"configure"?

Thanks,
Yiliang