[gst-devel] why is 'islast' parameter in "new-decoded-pad" signal on decodebin/decodebin2 deprecated?

Alberto Vigata alberto at nelalabs.com
Tue Mar 16 06:25:40 CET 2010

Hello gstreamer devs,

I was playing around with decodebin and decodebin2 and the docs say
that the 'islast' parameter is now deprecated. The prototype for the
"new-decoded-pad" singal handler is as follows:

void                user_function                      (GstDecodeBin *bin,
                                                        GstPad       *pad,
                                                        gboolean      islast,
                                                        gpointer
user_data)

The docs state that islast is deprecated for both decodebin and
decodebin2. Certainly, there is the need of knowing when no more pads
are going to become available so I'm assuming there is now a
new/better way to get that information outside the "new-decoded-pad"
signal. Which one is it?

thanks in advance
Alberto