[gst-devel] How can I have two main loops in my program??

wanting2learn wanting2learn at hotmail.co.uk
Tue Mar 16 11:36:21 CET 2010

Hi I have a program with its own main 'while' loop that must be executed for
my program to work.

I wish to add also a  g_main_loop_run (loop) so that I can monitor gstreamer
event messages as in
:http://gstreamer.freedesktop.org/data/doc/gstreamer/head/manual/html/chapter-helloworld.html

Is it possible to have two loops running in my program.  I have tried adding
the code to let me monitor messages but I can't seem to get it to work.
(i.e. I cant seem to get any messages in my bus_call function)

I guess my question is: Can I have a g_main_loop_run as well as my own while
loop?  Or will g_main_loop_run block my program?

Thanks