[gst-devel] VIDIOC_S_CTRL with GStreamer

Yiliang Bao yiliangb at gmail.com
Sat Mar 20 07:50:04 CET 2010

Hi John,

Yes, you can do this. You can open another file on the same device using
following function, even if the device is already streaming video.

  fd = open (videoDevName, O_RDWR /* required */ | O_NONBLOCK, 0);

Usually it is allowed by the v4l2 driver, as long as you are not trying to
stream video in the second opened instance.

Yiliang