[gst-devel] Google Summer Of Code 2010 proposal

Stefan Kost ensonic at hora-obscura.de
Sun Mar 21 20:27:01 CET 2010

hi Francisco,

Am 19.03.2010 20:27, schrieb Francisco Tufró:
> Hi, my name is Francisco Tufró, I'm from Argentina.
> I'm interested in making a proposar for this summer of code.
> I would like to work on an audio noise removal plugin.
> Who should i talk to to begin planning the project?
> Thanks a lot.

do you have the background knowledge for such algorithms? There are different
types for noise removal algorithms depending on the use case (e.g. wind-noise
removal for camera recording or removing noise from digitized tape or vinyl
recordings). Generally the GStreamer project would like to have such plugins. If
this is done as a summer of code project, your mentor can help with the
integration of the algorithm into gstreamer, but you would need to work on the
algorithms mostly yourself. If that is what you want and can do, you should
draft a bit more detailed proposal. YOu could use some wiki, a google doc or
even soem pastebin. If you want ping me (ensonic) or IRC.

Stefan