[gst-devel] Playbin unable to play GIF file.

Debsu debojyoti.pal at wipro.com
Mon Mar 22 14:47:57 CET 2010

Hi,

When I am trying to play a .GIF file, I am getting this error from playbin:

gst-launch playbin uri=file:///media/test/test.gif
Setting pipeline to PAUSED ...
Pipeline is PREROLLING ...
ERROR: from element
/GstPlayBin:playbin0/GstDecodeBin:decodebin0/ffdemux_gif:ffdemux_gif0:
Internal data stream error.
Additional debug info:
gstffmpegdemux.c(1340): gst_ffmpegdemux_loop ():
/GstPlayBin:playbin0/GstDecodeBin:decodebin0/ffdemux_gif:ffdemux_gif0:
streaming stopped, reason error
ERROR: pipeline doesn't want to preroll.
Setting pipeline to NULL ...
FREEING pipeline ...

I am using the following plugins:
gst-plugins-good-0.10.14
gst-ffmpeg-0.10.4

Can you please tell me why it is not able to display the GIF file?

Regards,
Deb