[gst-devel] how do experts customize filesrc

ericcardmanNo3 daniel.kuhne at yahoo.de
Mon Mar 22 17:20:45 CET 2010

hello,

i have a h264 decoder. It comes with an API to decode single h264 frames. It
also comes with
an API for frame extraction. This frame extraction code need a file
descriptor of the h264 source file.

What i want to do is:

[A]
my customized filesrc (frame extraction) ----> my decoder plugin (h264
decoding) ----> fbdevsink

The decoder plugin part is ok for me. What i do not understand is how to
write an own filesrc. I can not find any template.

One important basic question:

in the above pipline- when is a buffer pushed by the filesrc? i.e when i use
gst-launch videotestsrc ! ffmpegcolorspace ! fbdevsink

who calls the _transform function of the ffmpegcolorspace ??

So could someone please tell me how to implement [A] ?

Thanks