[gst-devel] messaging

Edward Hervey bilboed at gmail.com
Wed Mar 24 11:32:30 CET 2010

Hi,

On Wed, 2010-03-24 at 11:05 +0100, Mattias Barthel wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have just made use of the nice feature of the gst-bus to pass messages
> from an element to the application.
>
> How do you message in the other direction? application->element?

  The bus is only designed for message passing from element to upstream
elements (and eventually application).

  If you want to pass instructions to an element... Just use the
property system by adding properties to your element and setting them
(ex: g_object_set (myelement, "thisvariable", thisvalue, NULL)).

    Edward