[gst-devel] Please, help me with mpegpsdemux or/and mped2dec.

wl2776 wl2776 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 25 08:52:28 CET 2010

I am writing a video player. My application uses playbin2.
It constructs the following pipeline:
http://n4.nabble.com/file/n1690268/player.png player.png .
As can be seen from the pipeline, it uses Fluendo MPEG PS demuxer from
gst-plugins-bad.

I am trying to implement the "Go end" command, which would position the
player to the last frame.
The problem is that that last frame is not displayed, neither in paused, nor
in playing state.
I perform this command in the following way

 gboolean rb=gst_element_seek_simple(GST_ELEMENT(m_player),
                              GST_FORMAT_TIME,

(GstSeekFlags)(GST_SEEK_FLAG_FLUSH|GST_SEEK_FLAG_ACCURATE),
                              m_stream_duration);

I tried different combinations of flags, also with _KEY_UNIT, tried
subtracting a small amount of time from
m_stream_duration  (40ms)  - nothing helps.
The sound from the headphones suggests, that the pipeline has positioned to
the end of file, but the last frame is not displayed.

But, this simple seeking to the end of file perfectly worked for OGG files.

I was studying the details of the video-sink and MPEG-2 demuxing and
decoding plugins for already two weeks. From what I've studied, it can be
seen, that when the seek issued, the mpeg2 demuxer processes some data and
gives them further, mpeg2dec also tries decoding something but seems to drop
frames. Videosink simply doesn't receive a video buffer.

I've also tried to set up a backward playing from the end of file:

gst_element_seek(GST_ELEMENT(m_player),-1.0,

GST_FORMAT_TIME,(GstSeekFlags)(GST_SEEK_FLAG_FLUSH|GST_SEEK_FLAG_ACCURATE),
    GST_SEEK_TYPE_SET,0,GST_SEEK_TYPE_END,0);

This helped for that particular file, but didn't work for another one.

Please, help me to make the playbin2 to display the last frame of any MPEG
file.