[gst-devel] Latency regression on v4l2src ! x264enc ! rtp using most recent x264enc

Mallard mallard at quacken.com
Fri Mar 26 17:52:19 CET 2010

This is pretty much what I expected to find (a change in default
behavior) - but it raises another question. Are all the -85 args
exposed in x264enc-0.10-14 and if not , which ones are? Is there any
way to determine this without reading the source code?

Reading threads on the videolan.org H264 forums, it seems the most
significant latency-related mods in recent libx264 development may be
related to enabling single-slice-based encoding. Is this particular
set of parameters exposed to me using the present 'ugly' and
'ugly-multiverse' x264enc element?

Thanks for your comments!