[gst-devel] : Transform element

Stefan Kost ensonic at hora-obscura.de
Sun Mar 28 12:28:07 CEST 2010

Am 25.03.2010 11:25, schrieb Sedji Gaouaou:
> Hi,
>
> After reading the gstreamer documentation:
> http://gstreamer.freedesktop.org/data/doc/gstreamer/head/pwg/html/section-base-transform.html
>
> I was wondering if it could be possible to have a transform element in
> my decoder plugin?
>
> My goal is to support scaling, rotating, cropping for instance, but also
> to avoid memcopy for performances issues!!!

I don't think it is what you want to do. Having separate elements does not
neccesarily mean that you do memcopies. If you use xvideo, your xvideo
implementation can use scaling and cropping capabilities. You might be able to
support rotation vi XRandR. This is all X related, we would not be able to help
you more here. If you are not using X would could e.g. use this from your own
(hardware specific) framebuffer sink.

Anyway, I would no attempt to bundle it with the decoder as you will have
several, but usualy just one display.

Stefan