[gst-devel] Overlaying an image on a live stream

Vogan vaughan at infact.co.nz
Tue Mar 30 21:28:26 CEST 2010

Hi

I am wanting to overlay an image (crosshairs inthis case) on top of a stream
from a web cam.  The image is a png file with a transparent background.  The
pipeline I have tried is

gst-launch v4l2src device=/dev/video0 !
'video/x-raw-yuv,width=640,height=480,framerate=30/1' ! videomixer name=mix
! xvimagesink ! filesrc location=crosshair.png ! pngdec ! mix.

When I try to run this I get WARNING: erroneous pipeline: could not link
pngdec0 to mix

Any hints on what I am doing wrong? or is it simply not possible to overlay
a static image on a live stream?

Vaughan