[gst-devel] A problem with running gstreamer pipeline on Xubuntu

Eskender eskender_izmir at mail.ru
Tue Mar 23 23:46:16 CET 2010

Thank you thiagossantos for your help.
I'm very sorry. I misspelled it. It's not theorasink, it's theoradec of
course. I'm trying to send a live stream from a web cam on a Linux system
using either UDP or RTP. I'm pretty new in this field, so I need to do a lot
of experimenting. I've found this example in an article in
French http://blog.nicolargo.com/2009/02/jai-streame-avec-gstreamer.html.
It's shows different pipeline types to send a stream through a network. For
now the main problem that concerns me is why what perfectly works on Ubuntu
gives currently difficult for me to explain errors on Xubuntu. As far as I
know the main difference between these two systems on the interface level,
what it has to do with gstreamer? This forum is the only hope for me. It
seems that there is not much useful help elsewhere.