[gst-devel] Delaying a Stream

David Millis tvtronix at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 26 06:03:30 CET 2010

I'm attempting an inplementation of live instant replay: fork a source, and switch between real-time and a lagged copy.

I took the video sink off a decodebin, tee'd it to two queues, each with their own autovideosinks. So now I have two windows playing synchronized video.

Question: How can I skew one stream's timestamps to be, for example, two seconds behind the other?

Messing with ts-offset on the autovideosinks didn't seem to do anything, and setting a queue's limits/thresholds either did nothing or broke the pipe.

Granted a useful delay would be upwards of a minute, so I guess my follow-up would be: is there an example I could use to make a GStreamer filter that delays using a file-backed circular buffer? I'd like to stick to the java-bindings, but I'll take any reference I can get.

David