[gst-devel] decodebin2 + VA-API integration

Michael Smith msmith at xiph.org
Mon May 10 19:17:50 CEST 2010

On Mon, May 10, 2010 at 7:27 AM, Gwenole Beauchesne
<gbeauchesne at splitted-desktop.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am trying to integrate VA-APIi support to the standard decodebin2
> element. Currently, the VA-API plugins (vaapiconvert, vaapidecode,
> vaapisink) have GST_RANK_NONE rank.
>
> So, the following won't work. That's normal:
> $ gst-launch filesrc ! decodebin2 ! vaapisink
>
> Then, I changed GST_RANK_NONE to GST_RANK_PRIMARY, decodebin2 will now see
> and use vaapidecode. However, it will fail to link vaapidecode to
> vaapisink. Rather, it tries to link vaapidecode0:src to some
> decodepad2:proxypad3 element.

The proxy pad is an internal detail of how ghost pads work. The
capabilities and so on of the ghost pad should be the same as the real
pad, so this should work fine. If it's not... you need to figure out
why it's not linking - the actual pad seems correct here.

Mike