[gst-devel] Black-and-white output

Louis-Simon Houde houdelou at hotmail.com
Wed May 12 18:11:20 CEST 2010

Hello,

The question might sound completely silly for you but does gstreamer needs a video card to generate video output on command line with its gst-launch command ?

I'm asking this question because we use gst-launch to generate video output. On one of the server, with identical command, the output is black-and-white. One of the server doesn't have any video card because it is hosted on Amazon EC2.

Ubuntu versions are different also so it might be another cue. But it is the same gstreamer version on both servers.

Thanks