[gst-devel] tcpserversrc restarting

Antoine Martin antoine at nagafix.co.uk
Fri May 14 13:20:28 CEST 2010

Hi,

I have some code largely based on this tcpserversrc example:
http://www.jejik.com/articles/2007/01/streaming_audio_over_tcp_with_python-gstreamer/

I want to ensure that it keeps working after the first client
disconnects, which is not the case by default.
At the moment, the tcp socket shows as "listening" but any further data
sent will not be processed.

I've tried unlink()ing the decoder when receiving EOS and re-adding a
new one, but it complained that that there was an existing one with the
same name. How do I free the resources to start again? How about even
freeing the socket?

I would rather not switch to using RTP... But if I have to I will, how
does gstrtpbin deal with multiple clients connecting?

Thanks
Antoine